Friday, March 23, 2012

Bout Timey Wimey

So, yeah, I've entered the blog-o-sphere. I held out for quite some time, just as I had with joining the Facebook. I'm a Osteopathic Physician, a Dad, and Husband. I also happen to work in retail for the interim time between leaving a general surgical internship and starting up an osteopathic traditional rotating medicine internship. Leaving my surgical internship was not an easy decision, nor was it one that was taken lightly. It impacted many in adverse ways. I felt it was the best decision for me, my health, and most importantly, my family.

The Air Force Medicine folks were not too pleased with me but, they have been rather supportive. I'll be prolonging my education by another year. My medical career can wait another year...It was prolonged by a drunk driver who struck me with his SUV back in 2007, what's one more year in the grand scheme of things eh? I'm alive, happy, and have a wonderful family! I'm a physician without a clinical practice to call home just yet, nor a specialty. Surgery is definitely not where I wish to hang my shingle!

Well, that is all for now. COMLEX Step 3 is done and behind me. Yay! Now, onto preparing for the next step...

No comments:

Post a Comment